Jobs at RFID@WINMEC
Research Staff Position: UCLA WINMEC has several industry-partnered projects surrounding the WinRFID ( http://winmec.ucla.edu/winrfid ) platform technology. These tend to involve significant industry interaction, travel to industry site, performing software development, working in a team that consists of people from the lab and industry. The ability to work in a team is very important as is the ability to work on the various technologies as below. This project is a very exciting multi-year project that is for the development of our very unique edge-of-the-network middleware approach to RFID. The applications of this technology are diverse: supply chain, retail, medicine, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, automotive, defense, entertainment, media and manufacturing. You will be working with WINMEC ( http://winmec.ucla.edu ) to develop this very exciting technology.
- Understanding of .NET framework (specifically C#) - concepts of assembly, delegates, events, properties, patterns, interfaces, etc.
- Knowledge of web services based design
- Knowledge of messaging and messaging based applications
- Knowledge of Windows services and programming
- Good communications and technical writing skills.
- Working in a team and proactive contribution to the project design and implementation is desirable.
- Desirable : concepts of networking [TCP/IP, HTTP], Serial (Rs-232) and USB based I/O
EMAIL RFID AT WINMEC DOT UCLA DOT EDU