The UCLA RFID Lab is offering a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) based tag and track platform for organic items called SpecimenTrakTM. It can be used for tracking anatomical specimen, bio specimens, organs, and organic samples. The core features of the platform are:
- Attaching unique identity to organic item/part/tissue using unique custom identification codes for cataloging
- Inventory management
- Security and chain of custody management
- Specimen loans and allocation management
- Event logging and compliance monitoring
- Backend repository management (database, spreadsheet, and flat files)
The services provided by UCLA-WINMEC based on this platform would involve customization, process integration, existing process re-design and enhancement, platform features extension, developing custom identity codification, incorporate new RFID technologies, and end use and systemic training.
This system is now available
This system is now available through the UCLA Sales and Service Agreement. Should you be interested in purchasing this system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.